Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Rise-Free t1_izehtey wrote

Hopefully they've fixed the build quality issues that the mobius and hyperx orbit had (headband snapping)

maXXXjacker t1_izex8mi wrote

Amazing, I was in the market for a new PC closed back gaming headphone and was just lamenting over how the poor build quality issues with Penrose and Mobius, the Maxwell design looks like it has taken all the criticisms from the previous models and addressed them.

TheGamingOnion t1_izf2bij wrote

Will their Maxwell headphone get extra audio quality when used with a Maxwell GPU? /s

wafelz t1_izf7w79 wrote

That headband looks like it should be pretty comfortable. I hope noise isolation is good. I only tried the Penrose briefly, but I noticed that it didn't block out sound very well. Really looking forward to this.

MisinformationALWAYS t1_izf8ta2 wrote

Lets hope when you lean back in your chair they don't lose signal like the Penrose.

hurtyewh t1_izfuldq wrote

If these beat the Mobius then I'm getting one.

CrowVsWade t1_izht876 wrote

You might want to check out the beyerdynamic mmx300. Very decent all round performer across gaming and even music. Solid build and very durable, as with most beyerdynamic models.

I am lucky to have Aryas, 1990s and hd800s and obviously that's a different class, but for 5x the price. For 2-300 bucks, they're a good choice. Not wireless, however, if that matters to you.

maXXXjacker t1_izhyktx wrote

I totally just had the MMX 300 in my cart believe it or not!

I was probably minutes away from pulling the trigger until I saw the post here on Reddit about the Maxwell. I immediately went onto Audeze's website and ordered it without hesitation. The wireless isn't really a big deal to me as I would rather run everything wired off my array of dac/amps I have but I am a pretty big fan of how the Mobius sounded back in the day when my friend had owned one but I was really put off after reading about all the issues with it and build quality problems of the Penrose and by extension the Cloud Orbit S. So I thought, okay, well maybe I'll go with the MMX 300 until the next generation of Penrose is released.

What timing!

I'll probably consider getting the MMX 300 at some point for giggles but my closed back 'gaming headphone' needs will probably be met with the Maxwell. Thinking about scooping up some non gaming Beyers though! I've always avoided them because of how bright or analytical I hear they sound. Kind of looking for something less on the analytical side, mostly. The TYGR came up as an interesting compromise and more what I was looking for. I ordered one of those to test the waters and it showed up today but sadly the left driver is hosed and will need to go back to Beyer.

babalenong t1_iziclgq wrote

Goddamnit i just bought the steelseries nova 7 for my wireless needs. If it have a stable connection, nice mic, can store eq on the headphones, and some protection/warranty on the planars I would buy it in a heartbeat.

OrdureBag t1_j04cmsq wrote

Yeah I’m sending my Arctis nova pro wireless back to Amazon today. I ordered a Maxwell. The ANC in my Arctis makes a very strange noise. I have two other non gaming headsets and their ANC doesn’t do that weird annoying vibration noise.

I wanted to love the Nova pro wireless. Love the station and swappable batteries I wish all wireless devices used swappable battery packs.

Kihma t1_j068j63 wrote

That is a nice feature, however for the Maxwell, Audeze is claiming 80hrs of battery life at 80db with fast charging so battery should not be an issue

SithTrooperReturnsEZ t1_j20dhey wrote

Not buying this lol, the last one broke in a year of use, cloud orbit s sucked and so does the penrose

maXXXjacker t1_j20rvqd wrote

I hear you on that. With some of these wireless designs, I like how the mic is an optional component and you can tune the way the headphone sounds so you can alternate between gaming and music. Bonus points for headphones that don't have crazy gamer LED lights all over the place draining battery.

OrdureBag t1_j24ghb2 wrote

I think it potentially is as I’ve read the ANC isn’t fantastic, read some similar things people having issue with it Although I know someone who said they didn’t notice it but they had a different problem where the headset would crash/freeze haha. Anyway they also are returning their headsets. Seems odd to have so many problems for such an expensive headset, oh well.

Asjutton t1_j24rghx wrote

Yeah, this was out of the box and I tried pairing it and resetting and with bluetooth turned on and off. Nothing worked so far. But I will try to update firmware before I return them.

OrdureBag t1_j25aydd wrote

Ahh that is annoying hopefully firmware update will fix it. However, I have a feeling the ANC is just problematic with that headset unfortunately. The irony is I was more worried about the microphone rubbing ear issue like a lot of people ran into but that wasn’t an issue although ears did seem touch inner cup a bit.

Fingers crossed the Maxwell was a good decision haha. So hard to find well built products these days it seems.

DataIxBeautiful t1_j28rz6l wrote

Up until recently I thought I had to use “gaming” headphones. Not really sure why, but my daily use headphones sound pretty good (at least to me). They’re the Nova Pro wireless, but I use a separate mic and the mic on the headset can be put away.

Also, no rgb

DataIxBeautiful t1_j28soz4 wrote

My nova pro wireless doesn’t seem to have these issues but I may order the Audeze anyway just to test it out. I actually ordered the ear pads from wicked and it made me love my nova even more. I wish not all gaming headsets came with mics but I guess it makes sense.

OrdureBag t1_j2a2m13 wrote

That’s good to hear at least. My friend didn’t have that issue as I did either but just a different issue of the headset DAC freezing :/

I thought about that, the wicked cushions but paying a bunch for the top of the line gaming headset and then still needing to buy new cushions just so it’s comfortable is a bit grating I find. That being said I had the same issue with my Hyper X alpha ll, their support was awesome though and I asked them about it and they actually sent me out new double the thickness pads for free. Was tempting to just buy the wireless version of hyperx alpha because my superb experience with their customer support.

But yeah I’m excited to try these Maxwells, I just hope all the issues of the Penrose were addressed and avoided in this model.