Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

malepitt t1_j63a9nv wrote

It's like they posted the "Oh no! Anyway," meme

KentuckYSnow t1_j66aakk wrote

I thought it was the "scumbag Steve Got Older" meme!

Net_Link_Runner t1_j646mj8 wrote

He has tears tattooed on his face, several. If they are real, this was expected.

−75

ZucchiniZak t1_j649ppj wrote

I love how every post on here always has one person that comments the most normal things

Net_Link_Runner t1_j64ik93 wrote

Those tattoos mean he killed someone. Each one. Fuck that dude.

−52

angry_eccentric t1_j66u2yb wrote

idk why you're getting downvoted, i thought this exact same thing. i don't think redditors are the most hip to what prison/street tattoos mean....

−5

PoorGuyCrypto t1_j686hla wrote

I see a picture of a dude like this and I see someone who had $60 once, went to a shitty kitchen-table "artist" and said, "put some teardrops on me."

Net_Link_Runner t1_j670oa2 wrote

Most of the people on here don't know any real gangsters. It's ok.

−4

ZucchiniZak t1_j6b72ys wrote

You literally told someone who has been to ACJ that their opinion on ACJ was worthless cause "they're probably a felon" than say no one on reddit knows any "gangsters" on reddit. Im sorry that you are truly this blinded by hate

Net_Link_Runner t1_j6b8trn wrote

I prefer the gangsters that don't get caught. What can a dumb ass that got caught teach anyone? Do I need to learn how to make poor decisions from someone who sucks at it? No.

−2

ZucchiniZak t1_j6b9svk wrote

At this point I'm just go ahead decide you're a troll and leave you be. You are full of counteracting thoughts and feelings thay make no sense and feel thought up on the spot. If you are a troll im sure you have a great two days. If you are not a troll I truly hope that you find your way to a less hateful place in life, sincerely

Net_Link_Runner t1_j6bflze wrote

Also, just a word of advice. It's the internet, don't take it so seriously. Lol.

−1

LSparklepants t1_j64z7qm wrote

−8

WikiSummarizerBot t1_j64z9qi wrote

Teardrop tattoo

>The teardrop tattoo or tear tattoo is a symbolic tattoo of a tear that is placed underneath the eye. The teardrop is one of the most widely recognised prison tattoos and has various meanings. It can signify that the wearer has spent time in prison, or more specifically that the wearer was raped while incarcerated and tattooed by the rapist as a "property" mark and for humiliation, since facial tattoos cannot be concealed. The tattoo is sometimes worn by the female companions of prisoners in solidarity with their loved ones.

^([ )^(F.A.Q)^( | )^(Opt Out)^( | )^(Opt Out Of Subreddit)^( | )^(GitHub)^( ] Downvote to remove | v1.5)

BurghPuppies t1_j65wjj8 wrote

Yeah, you know, I trust Wikipedia 100%… especially for unsourced unverifiable cultural data. But I’m sticking with the meaning I’ve always heard, which is that the wearer unaligned people, either intentionally or accidentally.

−16

Net_Link_Runner t1_j650h3a wrote

Haha well it used to mean you killed someone in prison, not sure when that changed. How embarrassing.

−29

Net_Link_Runner t1_j650vuf wrote

Yikes, that tattoo went from scary to fairy real fast. Lol.

−27

ZucchiniZak t1_j6564ii wrote

You're such a normal person

Net_Link_Runner t1_j6572fv wrote

Go hug a tree, greener...

−26

Tweed_Kills t1_j65uand wrote

Holy shit! I've been looking for years, trawling the internet in search of this! The single dumbest insult on the internet! Congratulations!

ShivsButtBot t1_j64pf7t wrote

Omg you watch too much tv

Net_Link_Runner t1_j655t5h wrote

You should know a little something about prison since you shove shivs up your butt... Or is that just a hobby?

−21

ShivsButtBot t1_j656rew wrote

Well actually I have been to jail because I am in recovery from substance abuse. I haven’t used in ten years. 🙏🏼 I have spent years in Allegheny county jail and I can inform you that tear drop tattoos mean nothing and many people just tattoo their face because it’s aesthetically pleasing to them. If you have any questions about the county jail I would love to answer them for you!

Also ‘Shiv’ is a character on a television show called Succession. She has a huge ass. ‘Bot’ is short for the word robot. I am surprised that someone who watches so much TV is unfamiliar with one that wins Emmys consistently. I would check it out!

Net_Link_Runner t1_j657iqa wrote

I've been to ACJ for one night, worst night of my life. I'll pass on the knowledge from someone who is most likely a felon, thanks. Don't think you have much to say I'm interested in there ol knifebutt...

−19

ShivsButtBot t1_j6585fw wrote

I am a felon! We know a thing or two about prison tattoos! 💝

Sorry about your stay in the drunk tank. Even 24 hours in the county is truly traumatic and ACJ is truly guilt of crimes against humanity. I know people who have died awaiting a bail hearing. I also knew a woman who was cuffed so tightly she lost her arm from the elbow down after only spending 12 hours in holding. I’m glad you made it okay!

ZucchiniZak t1_j65clqs wrote

I want to give you award so badly but im poor so take this comment of positivity ❤️

ShivsButtBot t1_j65gs0y wrote

Awe thanks! That guy is just a sour pissy pants. My my.

Net_Link_Runner t1_j65cv7u wrote

We know you are. We know...

−12

Undrallio t1_j66e1w7 wrote

Lmao, the ol rubber and glue routine. Classic schoolyard culture.

NovelAuntieGin t1_j66w0yv wrote

Familiar tone... wait! You should order pizza and do a TikTok! It'll be awesome!!

Net_Link_Runner t1_j670ssk wrote

I don't even know what the fuck this means nor do I use "TikTok." I'm a grown ass man. Fuck out of here with that kid shit.

ShivsButtBot t1_j68kv9h wrote

You’re certainly not acting like it Sir. You’re very emotional and defensive. Hysterical even. You may be old but you certainly are acting like a teenage girl.

Net_Link_Runner t1_j68xs74 wrote

Oh no! A felon doesn't like the way I'm acting. Damn! Little low on the totem pole to be telling anyone how they are acting is inappropriate there, your high-ness.

ShivsButtBot t1_j6992dr wrote

When a felon is acting with more grace than you can muster it’s a real problem. I would consider checking your estrogen levels with a doctor! I have a feeling they may be too high which is leading to the teenage girl behavior.

Net_Link_Runner t1_j69dgte wrote

Haha whatever you say Joplin. I'll go to a doctor, you check in with your probation officer. Everything will be right in the world.

ShivsButtBot t1_j69fu1w wrote

Will do! 💝 Be blessed pretty girl.

Net_Link_Runner t1_j69i83e wrote

That's a good one! I ll have to remember that when I'm voting and carrying my legal weapon! Well you tell everyone at NA I said hey and try not to rob anyone on your way, junkie!

ShivsButtBot t1_j69kiaf wrote

It’s so funny you mention that because I have a legal concealed carry too! You can petition the governor and your local sheriff to obtain a conceal carry license despite a felony. I’ll also be carrying it to the voting booth because the state of Pennsylvania allows felons to vote. Right now I have a Taurus that I keep with me!

I will be sure not to rob anyone. That’s no worries honey bunny pretty sweet thing. Catch ya outside, little lovey.

Net_Link_Runner t1_j69mnzh wrote

That's a shame, I'm going to have to vote against that. You should certainly have no access to weapons. Or children, or be anywhere near a school. Oh well, at least the stigma of being a felon will follow you the rest of your life. Enjoy!

ShivsButtBot t1_j69n5zh wrote

I actually work for the government now! I work for the department of health tackling the opioid epidemic! So they let me in high schools and colleges. They even paid for my to get my bachelors degree!

But you vote how you see fit, gorgeous. It’s a wonderful right and luckily for you they allow women to vote now! I feel so blessed for that.

Net_Link_Runner t1_j69reqw wrote

Great. Sounds like your basic white girl privledge has gotten you waaaaay more than you deserve. You really cashed that chip in. Daddy has a comfy job in the govt?

ShivsButtBot t1_j69ucsa wrote

I literally love you so much. This was fun but I’m bored. Stay mad. ✌🏼

Net_Link_Runner t1_j69wtun wrote

Ahh there it is! No normal person would get the type of break you got. Whiiiiiite privledge and daddy's money. You deserve nothing, everything you got was given to you. Figures.

ShivsButtBot t1_j69ueii wrote

I literally love you so much. This was fun but I’m bored. Stay mad. ✌🏼My spicy tamale!

Alexispinpgh t1_j65ja1u wrote

Holy fucking shit why are the people in this subreddit terrible? These comments are like WPXI Facebook page-level bad.

sebileis t1_j67p46i wrote

Doesn’t help that the “moderators” of this sub insist on deliberately not being active and won’t add anyone else as mods.

glotti t1_j66140n wrote

Love you bro. I’ll miss you everyday

glotti t1_j6dnn2t wrote

God I fucking hate people, this was a friend of mine. How disrespectful can people be???

YeahIveDoneThat t1_j66kqqc wrote

Wannabe gangsters dies a gangsters death. ... I mean, this is basically what Chappelle joked "When keeping it real goes wrong."

Every death is a tragedy, but am I going to be shocked when speeding into a brick wall results in a crash? No, it was the logical outcome the choices.

−19

Ryanh412 t1_j66lgeh wrote

What’s the difference between a gangster and a wannabe gangster to you?

YeahIveDoneThat t1_j671ckd wrote

Lol, that's actually a good question. Well, I think actual gangsters are, like, rare. It's not something you really see daily. The people you see that have the aura of gangster are trying to wear the costume they view as having either power or social currency. Ie, they want to be gangster; they want the power it implies.

This phenomenon is really common actually. In poor over-policed areas, you'll see people driving white Chevy Caprice or Impala cars because they are a reflection of the power those people view the police as having. They're basically wearing "car costumes" of the police. I don't remember the details, but this was also observed in British controlled India as well.

It is a social phenomenon for how either oppressed or disempowered groups respond to the "other."

aboutsider t1_j6cqcuo wrote

How do you know he wants to be a gangster?

YeahIveDoneThat t1_j6d48yk wrote

Face tattoos, neck tattoos, the hat, I mean, I'm certainly an assumption based on the pictures, but I'd wager a fair bit of money on being spot-on.

Ryanh412 t1_j6foo58 wrote

Tons of people have face tattoos, neck tattoos, wear hats and aren’t “wannabe gangsters or gangsters”. I think you were implying something else entirely but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

−1

YeahIveDoneThat t1_j6gnmpv wrote

No. I'm not. Anyone who has a face tattoo of a tear drop is a wannabe gangster. Find me a single counter example. You know, we're able to make certain inferences from observable data, right? You can understand that can't you? Sure, do I know with 100% certainty? No. But can I be like 5-sigma certain? Abso-fucking-lutely.

aboutsider t1_j6ho8cw wrote

A single counter example-- Kat Von D. She's a famous tattoo artist with a cluster of small stars tattooed on her face.

Another counter example-- I knew a guy who got teardrop tattoos on his face and he's just a dude who likes shitty tattoos. He's an artist and ne'er-do-well but really doesn't have any designs on being a gangster.

You know, you're able to make inferences based on bias too. How do you know that this isn't one of them?

YeahIveDoneThat t1_j6ml0df wrote

Ok. You don't think there's any reason he likes the teardrop tattoos? He just "likes" them? Sure, my guy.

tempestveil t1_j63fn3y wrote

Very sad.

McKeesport is fourth on USAs top 100 most dangerous cities according to Alarms.org.

−20

4000Tacos t1_j63kk0w wrote

He was actually found in Elliot shot to death.

ShivsButtBot t1_j64pmim wrote

Uh idk why this has so many downvotes? Mckeesport is dangerous regardless if he was shot there. It is what it is. Pittsburgh isn’t a utopia and it’s not a war zone either. Idk why those two things are offensive to people.

UnluckyWinter t1_j68ezoa wrote

Is it okay to work in? I’m considering taking a position at UPMC in McKeesport and commuting from Pittsburgh. I’m moving from Europe, and I’m having a hard time judging how rough an area it is.

ShivsButtBot t1_j68hzmj wrote

The hospital in McKeesport? Please feel free to message me. I love one mile outside of McKeesport and have been to that ER as a patient. I would be happy to give my experience

steelcitykid t1_j6abrdd wrote

I grew up very close to the hospital and somehow it's even worse today. mckeesport is a truly depressing place to be and the people who live there are generally just trying to scrape by. There is literally nothing in mckeesport to see or do.

You'd be much better served working there and living just about anywhere else. I cannot stress how rough and bad of an area it is. I say this as a dude who lived there the first 18 years of my life and attended all the schools. I have never seen a single thing get better there and just recently I learned the boys and girls club was closed. It's not a very well received hospital. It's the last place I'd choose anywhere nearby.

Lil_Phantoms_Lawyer t1_j6d329q wrote

>and just recently I learned the boys and girls club was closed.

Hi! It's true that Boys and Girls Club as an organization left Mckeesport, but I was a part of the transition team that saw the club building and grounds ownership transfered to the city of Mckeesport and we now operate under the LaRosa Youth Club to continue servicing our community.

Mckeesport isn't perfect, but it's home and I am determined to see it be a better place for my children.

steelcitykid t1_j6mq8tq wrote

I didn't just depend on that club as a kid, I volunteered there and would later work there when they added the new wing. I wish you the best of luck, that's an uphill battle if ever there was one.

[deleted] t1_j64h067 wrote

[deleted]

Yomama-22 t1_j65snv4 wrote

There are bad and not as bad areas in every town. You can’t say McKeesport is a crap hole and include the whole city. Where do you live, Beverly Hills?

−1

[deleted] t1_j65vr1g wrote

[deleted]

Yomama-22 t1_j65zij2 wrote

Where “east of Pgh”? East means nothing. I don’t live in McKeesport. I have friends that do, send there kids to private school. Never got shot, stabbed, car stolen, house robbed, harassed. Where do you live?

[deleted] t1_j63lnl6 wrote

[removed]

−91